Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Sea Trout: Biology, Conservation and Management
Centrarchid Fishes: Diversity, Biology and Conservation (Hardcover $306.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
Opening address 1. Carwyn Jones.
Opening address 2. Helen Philips.
1. Sea Trout Setting the Scene: G Harris and N Milner.
SECTION 1: Stocks and Fisheries.
2. Anadromy & Migrations of Pacific Salmon & Trout: T.P. Quinn & K.W. Myer.
3. A Review of the Status of Irish Sea Trout Stocks: P.G. Gargan, R. Poole & G. Forde.
4. Characteristics of the Sea Trout (Salmo trutta) Stock Collapse in the River Ewe (Wester Ross), Scotland, in the Late 1980s: J.R. Butler & A.F. Walker.
5. Characteristics of Sea Trout (Salmo trutta L.) Stocks from the Owengowla & Invermore Fisheries, Western Ireland, and Recent Trends in Marine Survival: P.G. Gargan, W.K. Roche, G.P. Forde & A. Ferguson6. Annual Variation in Age Composition, Growth & Abundance of Adult Sea Trout Returning to the Welsh Dee: 1991 – 2001: I.C. Davidson, R.J. Cove & M.S. Hazlewood.
7. Structure & Composition of Sea Trout Stocks of 16 Rivers in England & Wales: G.S. Harris.
8. The Rod and Net Sea Trout Fisheries of England & Wales: R. Evans. & V Greest.
9. General Overview of Turkish Sea Trout (Salmo trutta) Populations: I. Okumus, S.Temel & S. Atasaral.
10. The Status of Fishing of Sea Trout on the Finnish Coast of the Gulf of Bothnia in the Baltic Sea: E. Jutila, A. Saura, I. Kallio-Nyberg, A. Huhmarniemi & A. Romakkaniemi.
11. Sea Trout (Salmo trutta L.) in Atlantic Salmon (Salmo Salar L.) Rivers in Scandinavia & Europe: N.J. Milner, L. Karlsson, E. Degerman, A. Jholander, J.C. MacLean & L-P. Hansen.
SECTION 2: Genetics and Life History.
12. The genetics of Sea Trout, with particular reference to Britain and Ireland: A. Ferguson.
13. Differences in Global Gene Expression Levels between Sedentary & Migratory Forms of Brown Trout: Giger. T. L. Excoffier, P.R.J. Day, A. Champigneulle & C.R. Largiadèr.
14. Life Histories of Sea Trout: B. Jonsson and N. Jonsson 15. Migration as a Life History Strategy for Sea Trout: D. Solomon. Fisheries Consultant, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England.
16. Life History of a Sea Trout Population (Salmo trutta) from the NW Iberian Peninsula (River Ulla, Galicia, Spain): P. Caballero, F. Cobo & M.A. González.
17. Applications and future prospects for genetic analysis in salmonid biology: M. W. Bruford.
SECTION 3: Populations Dynamics, Ecology and Behaviour.
18. A 35-Year Study of Stock-Recruitment Relationships in a Small Population of Sea Trout: Assumptions, Implications & Limitations for Predicting Targets: J.M. Elliott & J.A. Elliott19. Characteristics of the Burrishoole Sea Trout Population: Census. Marine Survival & Stock Recruitment: R. Poole, M. Dillane, E. deEyto, G. Rogan & K. Whelan.
20. Population Dynamics of Sea Trout in the River Bresle, a coastal chalks stream in Normandy, France: G. Euzenat, F. Fournel, & J-L.Fagard..
SECTION 4: Managing Stocks and Fisheries21. The Spawning Requirements of Sea Trout: A Multiscale Approach: A.M. Walker, & B.D. Bayliss.
22. Research Activities & Management of Brown Trout (Salmo trutta L.) in Denmark: G.H. Rasmussen.
23. Stocking Sea Trout (Salmo trutta L.) in the River Shieldaig, Scotland: D.W.Hay & M.A. McKibben.
24. Are Reared Anadromous Brown trout Compatible with the Conservation of Wild Trout?: H. Lundqvist, S.M. McKinnell, S. Jonsson & J. Östergren.
25. Sea Lice Lepeophtheirus salmonis Infestations of Post-Smolts in Loch Shieldaig, Wester Ross: 1999-2003: M.A. McKibben, D.W. Hay, A.F. Walker & S.J. Northcott.
26. Comparison of Survival, Migration & Growth in Wild, Offspring from Wild (F1) and Domesticated Sea Run Trout (Salmo trutta L): S. Pedersen, R. Christiansen & H. Glüssing..
27. The Rapid Establishment of a Resident Brown Trout Population from Sea Trout Parents Stocked in a Fishless Scottish Stream: A. F. Walker.
28. Predicted Growth of Juvenile Sea Trout & Salmon in Four Rivers in England & Wales Based on Past & Possible Future Temperature Regimes Linked to Climate Change: I.C. Davidson & M.S. Hazelwood.
29. Sea Trout Exploitation in Five Rivers in England & Wales: B.A. Shields, B. Bayliss, I. Davidson & P. Elsmere.
30. Catch-&-Release, Net Fishing & Sea Trout Fisheries Management: D. Solomon & M. Czerwinski.
31. A review of the statutory regulations to conserve sea trout stocks in England & Wales: G.S. Harris.
32. An appreciation of the social and economic values of sea trout in England & Wales: P. O’Reilly and G. Mawle.
33. Sea trout fisheries management: should we follow the salmon?: Walker, A.M., M.G. Pawson & E.C.E Potter.
34. Perspectives on sea trout science and management: N. Milner, G.S. Harris, P. Gargan, M. Beveridge, M.G. Pawson, A. Walker and K. Whelan.
- First book for many years devoted to sea trout
- Contains peer-reviewed contributions from world class scientists
- Editors are well known and respected in the area of fisheries management
- Covers a species of major commercial and recreational interest