Seafood Handbook: The Comprehensive Guide to Sourcing, Buying and Preparation, 2nd Edition
DescriptionUpdated to include a number of new species not previously include, Seafood Handbook, Second Edition remains the only professional seafood reference guide. Easy to use and comprehensive, this book covers the sourcing, cooking, nutrition, product forms, names, and global supply information for more than 100 types of finfish and shellfish, with two oversized posters for quick reference. Professionals in the foodservice industry who need to make menu selections or purchase fish, and seafood buyers will benefit from this in-depth guide.
Bass, black sea.
Bass, Chilean sea.
Bass, European sea.
Bass, hybrid striped.
Perch, Atlantic ocean.
Perch, Lake Victoria.
Shrimp, black tiger.
Shrimp, Chinese white.
Shrimp, Pacific white.
Glossary of market terms.
- The most comprehensive guide to sourcing, buying, and preparing seafood
- Features over 100 species of finfish and shellfish
- Formatted in an easy-to-use style, with product profiles, illustrations of the species, nutritional information, cooking tips, primary product forms, global supply maps, and more
- New to this edition includes discussion of the health benefits of fish, sustainability, and aquaculture
- Comes with two oversized reference posters of finfish and shellfish
- In addition to scientific, market, and common names, Seafood Handbook also gives species names in French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish
- Includes valuable information on harvesting, distribution, safety, and preparation
- Foreword from award-winning cookbook author James Peterson