Securing Your Superannuation Future: How to Start and Run a Self Managed Super Fund
DescriptionFind Out if an SMSF is Right for You
Are you thinking about setting up a self managed superannuation fund but unsure where to start? Are you worried that you're not maximising all the benefits an SMSF offers? In Securing Your Superannuation Future, Daryl Dixon offers practical, easy-to-understand tools and strategies to help you set up and run your own super fund.
More Australians than ever are deciding to take control of their super, and Daryl's insights go beyond the standard requirements for running an SMSF. He reveals many tax-saving tips and practical steps to work through important decisions such as:
- Do you need professional assistance to run your fund?
- Who should be the trustees and members of your SMSF?
- What steps should you take to build your super in a tax-effective way?
- How do you construct your SMSF investment portfolio?
- When and how should you access your super?
- How can you maximise the amount of super you pass on to your beneficiaries?
1 Is an SMSF right for you? 1
2 SMSF pre-setup checklist 13
3 The SMSF setup phase 47
4 Making contributions to your SMSF 61
5 How to construct your SMSF investment portfolio 89
6 Investment rules 135
7 Accessing your SMSF benefi ts 157
8 Insurance in your SMSF 187
9 Estate planning and protecting your SMSF 197