2. Fundamentals of Cryptology.
3. Symmetric Cryptography.
4. Asymmetric Cryptography.
5. Cryptographic Check Values.
6. Random Number Generation.
7. Cryptographic Protocols.
8. Access Control.
II: NETWORK SECURITY.
9. Integration of Security Services.
10. Link Layer Security Protocols.
11. IPSec Security Architecture.
12. Transport Layer Security Protocols.
13. Internet Firewalls.
III: SECURE WIRELESS AND MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS.
14. Security Aspects of Mobile Communication.
15. Security in Wireless Local Area Networks.
16. Security in Mobile Wide-Area Networks.
17. Security of Mobile Internet Communication.
- Concentrates on the core networking issues (first 4 layers up to the transport layer).
- Helps the reader to understand the risks of a lack of security in a network & how to prevent it.
- Brings security in networks up to date by covering wireless and mobile security issues.
- Includes security issues around hot topics such as wireless LANs (e.g. 802.11), AAA (Authentication, authorization, and accounting), and Mobile IP.
- Illustrates complicated security concepts with exercises and features an extensive glossary.