Table of Contents
List of contributors
Preface (all editors)
Section 1: Theory
1. The micro-scale origin of the seismoelectric effect: electrokinetics, streaming potential – N. Grobbe and A. Revil
2. The governing set of coupled seismo-electromagnetic equations – N. Grobbe and A. Revil
3. Green's functions for moment tensor sources including the double couple source – Y. Gao et al.
Section 2: Laboratory Experiments
4. Streaming potential measurements in natural and artificial porous samples – R. Sprik and T. Luong
5. Saturation dependence of the streaming potential coefficient - L. Jouniaux et al.
6. Seismo-electric coupling coefficients – Z. Zhu et al.
7. Laboratory measurements of coseismic fields: towards a validation of Pride’s theory – Bordes et al.
8. Water saturated rock sample in air – Z. Zhu et al.
9. Porous rock samples in water – Z. Zhu et al.
10. Seismoelectric conversion in a sample with anisotropic permeability – Z. Zhu
11. Scaled physical models: Layered Models
a) A Study of the Seismoelectric Effect of a Frozen/Unfrozen Interface based upon an Ultrasonic Experiment – Z. Liu
b) An experimental study of the seismoelectric responses of unfrozen water content – Z. Liu
c) An experimental study of Rayleigh waves based on seismoelectric measurements – Z. Liu
d) Scaled layer model - Z. Zhu et al.
12. Scaled physical models: Borehole models
a) Borehole model in a horizontally-layered strata – Z. Zhu et al.
b) Borehole model with fractures – Z. Zhu et al.
13. Experimental study of correlation imaging with seismoelectromagnetic waves – S. Nakhaee and R. Sprik
14. Tool wave in acoustic logging while drilling – Z. Zhu et al.
15. Multipole seismoelectric well logging while drilling – Z. Zhu et al.
Section 3: Numerical Modeling
16. Earthquake source moment tensor point source – Y. Gao and H. Hu
17. Earthquake sources: Finite fault sources – Y. Gao and H. Hu
18. Finite element modelling of Electroseismics and Seismoelectrics – F. Zyserman et al.
19. Seismoelectric signals produced by mesoscopic heterogeneities: spectroscopic analysis of fractured media – M. Rosas-Carbajal et al.
20. Evanescent EM waves generated by seismoelectric conversion at an interface – Ren et al.Parkfield
Section 4: Field Experiments and Applications
21. Design of field instrumentation and noise removal techniques for seismoelectric measurements – J. Dupuis et al.
22. Seismoelectric field measurements in unconsolidated sediments in comparison with other methods of near-surface prospecting - W. Rabbel et al.
23.Investigating the interfacial seismoelectric response at field scale – J. Holzhauer et al.
24. Seismoelectric characterisation of ice sheets and glaciers – Kulessa et al.
25. Seismoelectric ground response to local and regional earthquakes - L. Dzieran et al.
26. Electromagnetic signals associated with earthquakes: a review of observations, data processing, and mechanisms in China - Q. Huang et al.
27. Field observations of the seismo-electromagnetic variations related with earthquakes – Y. Fujinawa et al.