1. Introduction: What is a Self-Organizing Map? (André Skupin and Pragya Agarwal).
2. Applications of Different Self-Organizing Map Variants to Geographical Information Science Problems (Fernando Bação, Victor Lobo and Marco Painho).
3. An Integrated Exploratory Geovisualization Environment Based on Self-Organizing Map (Etien L. Koua and Menno-Jan Kraak).
4. Visual Exploration of Spatial Interaction Data with Self-Organizing Maps (Jun Yan and Jean-Claude Thill).
5. Detecting Geographic Associations in English Dialect Features in North America within a Visual Data Mining Environment Integrating Self-Organizing Maps (Jean-Claude Thill, William A. Kretzschmar Jr, Irene Casas and Xiaobai Yao).
6. Self-Organizing Maps for Density-Preserving Reduction of Objects in Cartographic Generalization (Monika Sester).
7. Visualizing Human Movement in Attribute Space (André Skupin).
8. Climate Analysis, Modelling, and Regional Downscaling Using Self-Organizing Maps (Bruce C. Hewitson).
9. Prototyping Broad-Scale Climate and Ecosystem Classes by Means of Self-Organising Maps (Jürgen P. Kropp and Hans Joachim Schellnhuber).
10. Self-Organising Map Principles Applied Towards Automating Road Extraction from Remotely Sensed Imagery (Pete Doucette, Peggy Agouris and Anthony Stefanidis).
11. Epilogue: Intelligent Systems for GIScience: Where Next? A GIScience Perspective (Michael Goodchild).