DescriptionPay a lower commission-and keep more of your money!
Most homeowners assume that everyone pays the same six percent on Realtor commissions. But, in fact, some people pay much less and some people pay much more. And with today's overheated housing market, it seems like most homes practically sell themselves. Is it really worth paying a Realtor tens of thousands of dollars to find a buyer for a home that's in high demand?
There are actually many ways to lower the commission you pay-all it takes is knowledge of the selling process and basic negotiating skills. In this helpful, comprehensive guide, Robert Irwin teaches you everything you need to know to get a better deal. He presents a detailed, precise explanation of how the commission system works, and proven strategies and tactics for keeping more of your equity.
You'll learn how to lower-and even eliminate-the commission by taking advantage of such little known options as:
* Using a discount agent
* Negotiating for rebates or reduced rates
* Offering flat fees or cash bonuses
* Basing commissions on speed of sale and other factors
* Creating your own listing agreement
* Paying for services rendered rather than percentage
* Finding a buyer yourself and paying only for the closing
Six percent doesn't sound like much. But for many homeowners, six percent is a fortune better spent on something else. In a booming real estate market, it pays to consider the alternatives-and you'll find them all in this handy, helpful guide.
1. Are You Paying Too High a Commission When You Sell Your Home?
2. Following the Money Trail.
3. Know What You Want from Your Agent.
4. Discount Agents.
5. Negotiating Rebates and Reduced Commissions.
6. What about a Flat Fee?
7. Basing the Commission Rate on the Sale Price.
8. Basing the Commission on the Speed of Sale.
9. Creating Your Own Listing Agreement.
10. Nine Strategies for Helping Your Agent.
11. Paying Just for Services Performed.
12. Selling on Your Own.
13. Determining the Worth of Your Home.
14. Reducing Your Closing Costs.
Appendix A: Adding Value: Fixing Up Your House.
Appendix B: Adding Value: Working on Landscaping.