Chapter 1 Casting Off: The Evolution from Steamship Transportation to Cruising as a Vacation.
Chapter 2 Coming About: The Foundation of the Modern Cruise Industry.
Chapter 3 Life on the Ocean Wave: Living and Working Aboard Modern Cruise Ships.
Chapter 4 Home on the Rolling Deep: Case Studies in Backstage Management.
Chapter 5 Getting Underway: The Public Discovers Cruising Vacations.
Chapter 6 Your Cruise Line GPS: Positioning and Differentiation of Cruise Lines.
Chapter 7 Now Hear This: Marketing Communications—A View from the Bridge.
Chapter 8 Pieces of Eight: Making Money on the High Seas.
Chapter 9 Booking Passage: A Fresh Look at Today’s Travel Agent.
Chapter 10 Bob & Andy’s Vacation Store: Selling the Sea—The Way We’d Do It.
Appendix CLIA Member Cruise Lines.
- Expanded technology coverage
- Updated interviews with cruise line executives, captains, hotel managers, social directors, and food and beverage managers
- New coverage of niche markets such as luxury spas and persons with disabilities
- Updated coverage of ship and building design
- The only book that covers the business of the cruise industry
- Provides an insider’s view on how the cruising business operates and how it is evolving
- Describes management, marketing, and sales techniques that have led to cruising’s growth
- Provides real-world anecdotes from the men and women who work in the industry