About the Editors.
List of Contributors.
Series Editors' Preface.
PART I GENERAL ISSUES
1. Recidivism risk assessments: making sense of controversies (Dennis M. Doren).
2. Stability and change: dynamic risk factors for sexual offenders (R. Karl Hanson).
3. Diagnostic problems with sexual offenders (William L. Marshall).
4. The civil commitment of sexual offenders: lessons learned (Anita Schlank). Sadistic sexual aggressors (Jean Proulx, Etienne Blais and Eric Beauregard).
5. Sadistic sexual aggressors (Jean Proulx, Etienne Blais and É ric Beauregard).
6. Online sexuality and online sexual problems: skating on thin ice (Al Cooper, Gale Golden and William L. Marshall).
7. An attachment-theoretical revision of Marshall and Barbaree’s Integrated Theory of the Etiology of Sexual Offending (Stephen W. Smallbone).
8. Coping and mood in sexual offending (Geris A. Serran and Liam Marshall). Shame and guilt in child molesters (Michael Proeve and Kevin Howells).
9. Shame and Guilt in child molesters (Michael Proeve and Kevin Howells).
PART II TREATMENT
10. New ideas in the treatment of sexual offenders (Tony Ward and Dawn Fisher).
11. Sexual offender treatment for psychopaths: is it harmful? (Howard Barbaree, Calvin Langton and Edward Peacock).
12. Schema-driven cognition in sexual offenders: theory, assessment and treatment (Ruth E Mann and Jo Shingler).
13. Focusing on the positive and avoiding negativity in sexual offender treatment(Y.M. Fernandez).
14. Preparatory programs for sexual offenders (Liam E Marshall and Heather M. Moulden).
15. Putting “Behavior” back into the cognitive behavioral treatment of sexual offenders (Yolanda M. Fernandez, Jo Shingler and William L. Marshall).
16. Collaboration in clinical work with sexual offenders: treatment and risk assessment (Jo Shingler and Ruth Mann).
17. When one size doesn’t fit all: the reformulation of relapse prevention (D.R. Laws and Tony Ward).
18. Appraising treatment outcome with sexual offenders (William L. Marshall).
19. Conclusions and future directions.