Part I: Market and Trade.
1. An Overview of Global Shrimp Market and Trade.
2. Export Performance of Frozen Cultured Shrimp in the Japan, U.S. and EU Markets: A Global Assessment.
3. WTO Trade Rules with an Update and the DOHA Round Negotiations and a Short Reference to Anti-Dumping Actions.
4. Structural Changes and Regulations of Imported Shrimps in Japan.
5. Integrating Supply and Demand Factors in the Diffusion Rates of Aquaculture Technology for the International Shrimp Industry.
Part II: Economics of Sustainable Shrimp Development.
6. Economic Effects of Components of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for Small-Scale Shrimp Farms in Honduras and Cooperatives in Nicaragua.
7. Production Performance Economic Indicators and their Role in the Planning and Assessment of the Sustainable Development of Aquaculture.
8. Vietnamese Shrimp Farming at a Key Point in its Development: A Review of Issues Examining Whether Development is Being Carried Out in a Sustainable Way.
9. Economic Issues in Promoting Sustainable Shrimp Farming: A Case Study of the Rice Shrimp System in the Mekong Delta.
10. Utilization of Coastal Areas for Shrimp Farming in Southern Thailand.
11. A Review of Shrimp Farming in Central Thailand and its Environmental Implications.
Part III: Economics of Shrimp Farming in Selected Regions.
12. Economics of Gei Wei Shrimp Culture in Hong Kong: From Commercial Aquaculture to Bird Production.
13. An Economic Evaluation of Shrimp Farming Industry in Taiwan.
14. Economics of Shrimp Farming in China.
15. Practices and Economics of Successful Shrimp Farms in the Philippines.
16. Socio-Economics of Shrimp Farming in Asia: A Cross-Country Comparison.
17. Economics and Management of Freshwater Prawn Culture in Western Hemisphere.
Part IV: Economics of Recirculating Systems, Feeding, and Production Management.
18. Economic Implications of Integrating Nursery in Indoor Bio-Secure. Recirculating Saltwater Shrimp Growout Systems.
19. Comparative Cost of Shrimp Production: Earthen Ponds versus Recirculating Aquaculture Systems.
20. Overview of Farming Systems for Marine Shrimp with Particular Reference to Feeds And Feeding.
21. A Decision Support System for Efficient Scheduling of Multi-Pond and Multi-Cycle Commercial Shrimp Culture.
Ausmarine Magazine, October 2007
'...it is still a very important contribution to the global body of knowledge on shrimp culture and, more peripherally, on the shrimp business.'
Work Boat World, November 2007
- The first book to cover this subject from a global perspective
- Contributions from producing and consuming countries from around the world
- Editors are well known and respected internationally
- Vital information for all shrimp producers