Siberian Huskies For Dummies
Siberian Huskies For Dummies
ISBN: 978-1-118-05366-9 March 2011 288 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Is this breed right for you and your family? Siberian Huskies For Dummies answers this and all your questions about getting, caring for and living with a Husky. Siberian devotee—she has eight of her own—Diane Morgan gets you up and running with what you need to know to:
- Find and deal with reputable breeders
- Choose the right Husky for you
- Hou sebreak and socialize your new puppy
- Educate yourself and your dog
- Handle behavioral problems
- Participate in competitions
In friendly, down-to-earth language, Diane provides insights into the Siberian Husky temperament and loads of sensible, easy-to-follow advice on everything a Husky owner should know—along with fun facts and Husky trivia, amusing and informative anecdotes, and tips on how to have a great time with your Husky. Topics covered include:
- Understanding what makes the Siberian different from every other breed
- Deciding whether a male or female is right for you
- Understanding how to communicate with your Siberian Husky
- Training your Siberian Husky
- Grooming your Siberian
- Finding and establishing a good relationship with a veterinarian
- Breaking bad habits in your Husky
- Feeding and exercising your Siberian Husky
- Recognizing, preventing and treating common health problems
- Getting your Husky into sledding
The indispensable guide for you and your Siberian Husky, Siberian Huskies For Dummies is the only book you’ll need to help you have the best possible experience with this very ancient and venerable breed of dog.
Table of contents
PART I: Getting to Know Siberian Huskies.
Chapter 1: What Is a Husky?
Chapter 2: Husky History 101.
PART II: Looking for Your Soul Mate.
Chapter 3: Finding and Choosing a Siberian.
Chapter 4: Preparing for Your Puppy.
PART III: Living with a Siberian Husky.
Chapter 5: Welcome Home!
Chapter 6: Understanding What Your Husky Is Trying to Tell You.
Chapter 7: Socializing Your Siberian.
Chapter 8: Training Your Dog.
Chapter 9: Dealing with Dominance and Aggression.
Chapter 10: Breaking Bad Habits in Your Husky.
PART IV: Keeping Your Husky Healthy.
Chapter 11: Feeding Your Husky.
Chapter 12: Grooming Your Dog.
Chapter 13: Establishing a Good Relationship with Your Vet.
Chapter 14: Preventing and Responding to Health Problems.
Chapter 15: Responding to Emergencies.
PART V: Bringing Out the Sled Dog in Your Siberian.
Chapter 16: Getting Your Husky into Sledding.
Chapter 17: The Last Great Race: The Iditarod.
PART VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Reasons to Have a Siberian Husky.
Chapter 19: Ten Tips for Raising a Siberian Husky.
Chapter 20: Ten Hazards for a Siberian Husky.
Chapter 21: Ten Tips for Traveling with (Or without) Your Husky.
Appendix A: Glossary.
Appendix B: Resources.
Book Registration Information.