1. The Education of a Philosopher.
2. Writing for her Life.
3. Literature and Philosophy.
4. Narrative Selves.
5. Embodiment and Intersubjectivity.
6. The Ethics of Liberation.
7. Applied Ethics I: The Second Sex.
8. Applied Ethics II: Les Belles Images, The Woman Destroyed, and Old Age.
The Works of Simone de Beauvoir.
"This is certainly a book that needed to be written and the authors make an excellent job of it. The book can be highly recommended." Dr Elizabeth Fallaize, St. John's College, Oxford
"A good working introduction to de Beauvoir's thought." Times Literary Supplement
"A concise and unified picture of Beauvoir as philosopher." Women's Philosophy Review
* The approach to Simone de Beauvoir is distinctive because it examines her work as a philosopher - this book is the first full-length assessment of Simone de Beauvoir's philosophy.
* Covers the whole area of her career - her fiction as well as her philosophical work - and explores the influence on her work as well as the legacy of her writing.