DescriptionWritten as a companion text to Dr Hesselson’s first book about pacing, Simplified Interpretation of ICD Electrograms focuses on teaching an understanding of the electrogram (EGM) signal for troubleshooting ICD rhythms. The book includes an in depth review of the general function of an ICD (defilbrillation electronics, arrthythmia detection/therapy), as well as an extended summary of the commonly encountered arrthythmia in an EGM and ECG format. Throughout the book, Dr Hesselson emphasizes that the key for troubleshooting these devices lies in the ability to make the transition from surfaceECG to EGM interpretation. Also included is an extensive chapter on biventricular pacing, particularly as it relates to its function in an ICD. The book ends with 50 clinical case studies designed to illustrate the text’s key principles.
No one has attempted previously to explain the EGM signal in such a pedagogical style, and no significant amount of material has been formally published detailing methods for troubleshooting biventricular ICD pacing systems.
- Expert guidance on understanding the EGM signal for troubleshooting ICD rthythms.
- Includes 50 clinical case studies.
- Covers all aspects of the general function of ICDs.
- Contains an extensive chapter on biventricular pacing.
SECTION I - ICD BASICS.
Chapter 1: What Is an ICD?.
Chapter 2: ICD System and Cardiac Anatomy.
Chapter 3: The Hardware.
The ICD Generator.
The ICD Leads.
The ICD Programmer.
Chapter 4: ICD Electronics.
Defibrillation Polarity and Shock Configuration.
Defibrillation Threshold (DFT).
Chapter 5: Sensing.
Chapter 6: Detection.
Chapter 7: The Tachycardias.
Chapter 8: The Therapies.
Chapter 9: ICD Pacing.
Pacing for Congestive Heart Failure.
Chapter 10: Unusual ICD Situations and Alternate Applications.
SECTION II - CASE STUDIES.
Chapter 11: Case Studies - Part A.
Chapter 12: Case Studies - Part B.
SECTION III: ANSWERS.
- Written specifically from a teaching perspective and supported by 50 clinical case studies
- Covers all aspects of the general function of an ICD with an extended summary of all commonly encountered arrhythmias
- Includes an extensive chapter on ventricular pacing
- No other text presents this level of information in this teaching-orientated approach