So You Want to Be a Chef? is a complete guide to traditional and non traditional culinary careers. The text features revealing interviews with industry professionals, and analysis of over seventy-five jobs. The new Second edition includes descriptions of daily job duties, hours, working conditions, qualifications, promotion opportunities, and possible career paths. This new text is well suited for the culinary student who is about to embark on their culinary education and career exploration.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: So You Want to Be a Chef?: Your Guide to Culinary Careers, 2nd Edition
So You Are a Chef: Managing Your Culinary Career (Paperback $35.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
PART 1. FEEDING FRENZY.
Chapter 1. Culinary Careers in Restaurants.
Chapter 2. Culinary Careers in Hotels.
Chapter 3. Culinary Careers in Clubs.
Chapter 4. Culinary Careers in Catering.
Chapter 5. Culinary Careers in Supermarkets.
Chapter 6. Culinary Careers in Cruise Lines.
PART 2. INTRODUCTION TO FEEDING THE MASSES.
Chapter 7. Culinary Careers in Business and Industry.
Chapter 8. Culinary Careers in Universities and Schools.
Chapter 9. Additional Careers in On-Site Foodservice.
PART 3. INTRODUCTION TO HOME ON AND OFF THE RANGE.
Chapter 10. Culinary Careers in Research and Development.
Chapter 11. Culinary Careers in Education.
Chapter 12. Additional Culinary Careers.
Appendix A Culinary Professional Organizations.
Appendix B Job Descriptions.
- New chapter on Research and Development Chefs, an emerging field in the culinary world
- Advice offered from recent culinary school graduates on the advantages of their education
- Broadened coverage of careers in on-site foodservice, now highlights careers in healthcare, continuing care communities, the armed forces, and more
- Career path is integrated throughout the book, rather than just at the beginning
- Professional organizations are identified in each chapter
- One-of-a-kind resource for anyone interested in mapping a career path in any aspect of the culinary arts
- Food-related jobs such as Culinary Educator, Food Stylist, Food Photographer, Food Writer—even Celebrity Chef—are also included
- Realistic, vivid, and practical representation of career tracks, job duties, hours and working conditions, qualifications, employment/promotion opportunities
- Interviews with industry leaders who have achieved success on their chosen path
- Supplementary instructor materials include Instructor's Manual with Test Bank and PowerPoint slides
- This edition does not include a CD-ROM.