Part I: Ethical Bedrock:.
1. Morality and Humanity.
2. Egoism, Relativism, Consequentialism.
3. Ethical Bedrock.
Part II: A Defence of Humanism:.
4. Human Beings and Persons.
5. Human Beings and the Other Animals.
6. Human Beings and Machines.
Part III: Deaths and Lives:.
7. Euthanasia: For and Against.
8. Euthanasia: Logic and Practice.
10. Professional Ethics.
Part IV: Ideology and Value:.
11. Feminism and Masculism.
12. Freedom of Thought and Expression.
13. The Right, the Left and the Green.
Appendix I: Natural Rights as Justifying the Authority of the State.
Appendix II: The Controversy about Euthanasia, a Sample Case.
"It is very well-written, and stimulating on professional ethics and animals; still more so on euthanasia ... It is an enjoyable book. I think it will be eagerly read by students." Professor G E M Anscombe, University of Cambridge
* Offers an alternative to prevailing consequentialist concerns within the ethical debate.
* Discusses animal rights, euthanasia and environmental issues.