Notes on Contributors.
1. Social Movements in Health: An Introduction: Phil Brown and Stephen Zavestoski.
2. Medical Modernisation, Scientific Research Fields and the Epistemic Politics of Health Social Movements: David Hess.
3. The Dynamic Interplay Between Western Medicine and Complimentary and Alternative Medicine Movement: Melinda Goldner.
4. Health COnsumer Groups: A New Social Movement?: Judith Alsop, Kathryn Jones, and Rob Baggott.
5. Regenerating Movements: Embryonic Stem Cells, Social Movements, and the Politics of Potentiality: Chris Ganchoff.
6. Uneasy Allies: Pro-choice Physicians, Feminist Health Activists, and the Struggle for Abortion Rights: Carole Joffe and Tracy Weitz.
7. Advocating Voice: Organisational, Historical and Social Milieux of the Alzheimer’s Disease Movement: Renee Beard.
8. Framing as a Cultural Resource in Health Social Movements: Funding Activism and the Breast Cancer Movement in the US 1990-1993: Emily Kolker.
9. Breast Cancer in Two Regimes: The Impact of Social Movements on Illness Experience: Maren Klawiter.