List of Figures.
List of Contributors.
1. Socializing Nature: Theory, Practice, and Politics: Noel Castree (University of Manchester).
2. Being Constructive About Nature?: David Demeritt (Kings College, London).
3. Nature, Poststructuralism, and Politics: Bruce Braun (University of Minnesota) and Joel Wainwright (University of Minnesota).
4. The Nature of 'Race': Kay Anderson (Durham University).
5. Postcolonialism and the Production of Nature: Derek Gregory (University of British Columbia).
6. Gendered Natures: Feminism, Politics, and Social Nature: Jane Moeckli (University of Iowa) and Bruce Braun (University of Minnesota).
7. Social Nature and Environmental Policy in the South: Views from Verandah and Veld: Piers Blaikie (University of East Anglia).
8. Political Ecology: A Critical Agenda for Change?: Ray Bryant (King's College, London).
9. Natural Disasters?: Mark Pelling (University of Liverpool).
10. Marxism, Capitalism, and the Production of Nature: Noel Castree (University of Manchester).
11. Dissolving Dualisms: Actor-networks and the Reimagination of Nature: Noel Castree (University of Manchester) and Tom MacMillan (University of Manchester).
12. Solid Rock and Shifting Sands: The Moral Paradox of saving a Socially Constructed Nature: James Proctor (University of California, Santa Barbara).