2. Risk society and reflexive modernisation: Wolfgang Bonß.
3. Governmentality and risk:Pat O'Malley.
4. Systems theory and risk:Klaus-Peter Japp & Isabel Kusche.
5. Edgework, risk and uncertainty: Stephen Lyng.
6. Culture and risk: John Tulloch.
7. Comparison and perspectives of sociological theorizing on risk and uncertainty: Jens O. Zinn
Deborah Lupton, Charles Sturt University<!--end-->
- Provides an overview of the historical developments and conceptual aspects of risk
- Identifies why theorizing on risk is necessary and highlights specific sociological contributions to this field of research
- Explores key topics including risk society and reflexive modernization, culture and risk, governmentality and risk, systems theory and risk, and edgework and voluntary risk taking
- Offers a comprehensive look at the promises, pitfalls, and perspectives of risk theorizing