Solaris Solutions for System Administrators: Time-Saving Tips, Techniques, and Workarounds, 2nd Edition
- Teaches how to work smart and avoid the many pitfalls of managing Solaris systems
- Covers the latest release of Solaris, Solaris 9, as well as earlier versions
- Written by experts with years of Solaris experience
- Packed with practical, hands-on solutions to tough problems, showing how to avoid costly mistakes
- Tackles managing system performance; the Sun Fire line of Solaris enterprise servers; installing, configuring, and patching Solaris; and ensuring security
About the Authors.
PART I: SETTING UP YOUR SOLARIS INFRASTRUCTURE.
Chapter 1: Making Smart Decisions about File Systems.
Chapter 2: Planning Backups and Restores.
Chapter 3: Booting and Hardware Diagnostics.
Chapter 4: Configuring Run States.
Chapter 5: Installing and Patching Your Solaris System.
Chapter 6: Exploiting JumpStart and Web Start Flash.
Chapter 7: Setting up Name Services.
Chapter 8: Network Information Services.
PART II: MANAGING YOUR SYSTEMS.
Chapter 9: Monitoring Your Environment.
Chapter 10: Managing Performance.
Chapter 11: Volume Management.
Chapter 12: Automating Everything . . . Well, Almost!
Chapter 13: Keeping Your Solaris Systems Secure.
Chapter 14: Implementing High Availability: Eliminating Single Points of Failure.
PART III: LOOKING AFTER YOUR HARDWARE.
Chapter 15: Maintaining Your Sun Hardware.
Chapter 16: Peripheral Vision: Understanding and Configuring Other Hardware.
Chapter 17: The Starfire.
Chapter 18: The Sun Fire Servers.
PART IV: SURVIVING IN THE REAL WORLD.
Chapter 19: Running an Internet Site.
Chapter 20: Coexisting with other Empires.
Chapter 21: Time Management Techniques for Sysadmins.
Bibliography and Recommended Reading.
Visit the Companion Site.