DescriptionThe only continuous, step-by-step tutorial for SolidWorks
SolidWorks is a 3D CAD manufacturing software package that has been used to design everything from aerospace robotics to bicycles. This book teaches beginners to use SolidWorks through a step-by-step tutorial, letting you build, document, and present a project while you learn.
Tools and functionality are explained in the context of professional, real-world tasks and workflows. You will learn the essential functions and gain the skills to use the software at once.
- SolidWorks is a popular design software for manufacturing, and this book introduces it in the context of actually creating an object
- Begins with an overview of SolidWorks conventions and the interface
- Explains how to create models and drawings, create a revolved part and subassembly, and model parts within a subassembly
- Explores modification capabilities and drawing and Bill of Materials templates
- Moves on to top-level assembly models and drawings, Toolbox components and the Design Library, mates, export and printing capabilities, and creating renderings
- Includes a glossary, a foreword from the SolidWorks product manager, and downloadable tutorial files
SolidWorks 2010: No Experience Required quickly turns beginners into confident users of SolidWorks.
Chapter 1 Becoming Familiar with SolidWorks.
Chapter 2 Learning the Basics.
Chapter 3 Creating Your First Part.
Chapter 4 Creating Your First Drawing.
Chapter 5 Creating a Revolved Part.
Chapter 6 Creating a Subassembly.
Chapter 7 Creating a Simple Assembly Drawing.
Chapter 8 Creating a More Complex Part Model.
Chapter 9 Modeling Parts Within an Assembly.
Chapter 10 Making Modifications.
Chapter 11 Putting It All Together: Part 1.
Chapter 12 Putting It All Together: Part 2.
Chapter 13 Making the Top-Level Assembly Drawing.
Chapter 14 Sharing Your Documents with Others.
Chapter 15 Creating Your Own Templates: Part 1.
Chapter 16 Creating Your Own Templates: Part 2.
Chapter 17 Creating Simple, Stunning Renderings.