DescriptionIn the seventh edition, teachers will find a wealth of information about classroom management strategies that have been proven successful in the field. Each model is introduced clearly and comprehensively. This includes vignettes, a glossary of terms, Teacher Behavior Continuum construct, and the strengths and limitations of each model.At the end of each chapter, a 15-point test is included to reinforce concepts. An Honorable Mention feature is also presented that describes other discipline models. Teachers will find a wide range of methods and practical advice for solving discipline problems.
Chapter 2. Behavior Analysis Model.
Chapter 3. Behavior Education Program (BEP) and Response to Intervention (RTI).
Chapter 4. Tools for Teaching: Discipline, Instruction, and Motivation.
Chapter 5. Assertive Discipline.
Chapter 6. Linda Albert's Cooperative Discipline and the Dreikurs/Adlerian.
Chapter 7. Glasser's Reality Therapy, Control Theory, and the Quality School.
Chapter 8. Love and Logic (including Glasser).
Chapter 9. Discipline with Dignity (Curwin/Mendler).
Chapter 10. Teacher Effectiveness Training Model - T.E.T.
Chapter 11. Designing Your Own Model of Discipline.
Chapter 12. The Peer Mediation Model.
Chapter 13. The Judicious Discipline Model (moral/ethical considerations).
Chapter 14. Skillstreaming-Teaching Prosocial Skills.
Chapter 15. Bullying Prevention in Schools and Classrooms.
Chapter 16. Managing Student Violent Assaults and Breaking Up Student Fights.
Chapter 17. Classroom Management: As a Discipline Preventive Process.
Chapter 18. Classroom Management: The Diversity Learner (cultural and economic).
Appendix. Classroom Discipline Situations.
- Explains the strengths and limitations of each model
- Offers a 15-point test at the end of each chapter to reinforce concepts.
- Includes an “Honorable Mention” feature that describes other discipline models.
- Examines the Teacher Behavior Continuum construct
- Discusses bullying, prevention, violent assaults and student fights, diversity and more
- Thoroughly updated with increased coverage of technology, rural schools, LGBT issues and more.