Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
1. An Introduction to Applied Probability.
2. Statistical Inference for a Single Proportion.
3. Assessing Significance in a Fourfold Table.
4. Determining Sample Sizes Needed to Detect a Difference Between Two Proportions.
5. How to Randomize.
6. Comparative Studies: Cross-Sectional, Naturalistic, or Multinomial Sampling.
7. Comparative Studies: Prospective and Retrospective Sampling.
8. Randomized Controlled Trials.
9. The Comparison of Proportions from Several Independent Samples.
10. Combining Evidence from Fourfold Tables.
11. Logistic Regression.
12. Poisson Regression.
13. Analysis of Data from Matched Samples.
14. Regression Models for Matched Samples.
15. Analysis of Correlated Binary Data.
16. Missing Data.
17. Misclassification Errors: Effects, Control, and Adjustment.
18. The Measurement of Interrater Agreement.
19. The Standardization of Rates.
Appendix A. Numerical Tables.
Appendix B. The Basic Theory of Maximum Likelihood Estimation.
Appendix C. Answers to Selected Problems.
"…the definitive text of context, method and application for the efficient analysis of rates and proportions…" (Statistics in Medicine, Vol 24 (17), 15th September 2005)
"…well written in a thoroughly readable style. I highly recommend this book…" (Statistical Methods in Medical Research, Vol. 14, 2005)
"…persons who regularly encounter this type of data would certainly want this book available as one of their desk-top references." (Technometrics, May 2004)