Stevens' Handbook of Experimental Psychology, Volume 1, Sensation and Perception, 3rd Edition
DescriptionNow available in paperback. This revised and updated edition of the definitive resource for experimental psychology offers comprehensive coverage of the latest findings in the field, as well as the most recent contributions in methodology and the explosion of research in neuroscience. Volume One: Sensation and Perception focuses on sensory experience and complex learned perceptions through modalities such as vision, touch, smell, and hearing.
1. Neural Basis of Vision (Jean Bullier).
2. Color Vision (Kenneth Knoblauch).
3. Depth Perception (Depth Perception).
4. Perception of Visual Motion (Robert Sekuler, Scott N.J. Watamaniuk, and Randolph Blake).
5. Perceptual Organization in Vision (Stephen E. Palmer).
6. Attention (Steven J. Luck and Shaun P. Vecera).
7. Visual Object Recognition (Michael J. Tarr and Quoc C. Vuong).
8. Motor Control (David A. Rosenbaum).
9. Neural Basis of Audition (Laurel H. Carney).
10. Auditory Perception and Cognition (Stephen McAdams and Carolyn Drake).
11. Music Perception and Cognition (Timothy C. Justus and Jamshed J. Bharucha)..
12. Speech Perception (Peter W. Jusczyk and Paul A. Luce).
13. Neural Basis of Haptic Perception (Kenneth Johnson).
14. Touch and Haptics (Mark Hollins).
15. Perception of Pain and Temperature (Richard H. Gracely and Michael J. Farrell)..
16. Taste (Bruce P. Halpern).
17. Olfaction (Pamela Dalton).