Stevens' Handbook of Experimental Psychology, Volume 3, Learning, Motivation, and Emotion, 3rd Edition
DescriptionNow available in paperback. This revised and updated edition of the definitive resource for experimental psychology offers comprehensive coverage of the latest findings in the field, as well as the most recent contributions in methodology and the explosion of research in neuroscience. Volume Three: Learning, Motivation, and Emotion, focuses on the role of learning in the operation of motivational systems in human cognitive development.
1. Associative Structures in Pavlovian and Instrumental Conditioning (Geoffrey Hall).
2. Learning: Laws and Models of Basic Conditioning (Ralph Miller and Martha Escobar).
3. Reinforcement Learning (Peter Dayan).
4. Neural Analysis of Learning in Simple Systems (Frank Krasne).
5. Learning Mutants (Louis D. Matzel).
6. Learning Instincts (James L. Gould).
7. Perceptual Learning (Philip J. Kellman).
8. Spatial Learning (Thomas S. Collett).
9. Temporal Learning (Russell M. Church).
10. Role of Learning in Cognitive Development (Rochel Gelman and Joan Lucariello).
11. Language Acquisition (Cynthia Fisher and Lila R. Gleitman).
12. The Role of Learning in the Operation of Motivational Systems (Anthony Dickinson and Bernard Balleine).
13. Emotional Plasticity (Glenn E. Schafe and Joseph E. LeDoux).
14. Anatomy of Motivation (Alan G. Watts and Larry W. Swanson).
15. Hunger and Energy Homeostasis (Stephen C. Woods and Randy J. Seeley).
16. Thirst and Water-Salt Appetite (Neil E. Rowland).
17. Reproductive Motivation (Donald W. Pfaff and Anders Ågmo).
18. Social Behavior (L. Elizabeth Crawford, Barbara Luka, and John T. Cacioppo).
19. Addiction (Roy A. Wise).