1. What Is Strategic Management.
2. Situational Analysis: The Firm & Its Environment.
3. Strategic Choice.
4. The Resource-Based View Of The Firm.
5. Organization & Strategy.
6. The Management Of Strategic Change.
7. Present & Future Issues In Strategic Management.
"Dobson and Starkey have successfully updated their earlier work to provide a well written, comprehensive and authoritative book. The book contains a number of intersting case studies as well as chapter vignettes which provide a broad range of contexts within which the concepts and frameworks are discussed. The breadth of coverage is a distinct asset ensuring not only that all types of organisation are discussed, but also that the ideas presented can be viewed through a variety of lenses." David Ash, De Montfort University <!--end-->
- New edition of a highly popular introduction to strategic management.
- Provides a clear framework for understanding the issues in corporate strategy, supported by current case examples.
- Revised to take account of the latest developments in the field.
- Now features twelve new cases.
- Includes new chapters on issues relating to the resource-based view of the firm, innovation, learning, and the ‘new economy’.
- Includes a new concluding chapter looking at present and future issues in strategic management.
- Continues to combine the latest management concepts with an emphasis on current business applications and implementation.