DescriptionThe book develops the student's understanding of the nature, relevance and importance of creating and sustaining relationships as a strategic resource. It takes a managerial perspective to the study of relationships, from strategy to implementation. The first edition was the first text that comprehensively addressed relationships as a strategic issue, and considering relationships as strategic and as a basis for competition is central to this book. In a nutshell, strategic market relationships is the process of analyzing, formulating and implementing a relationship strategy for an organization.
About the Authors.
Part 1: Relationship strategy.
Chapter 1. Introduction to strategic market relationships.
Chapter 2 Relationship-based theories.
Chapter 3 Relationship Planning and Development.
Chapter 4 Relationship Types.
Chapter 5 Networks.
Part 2: Relationship Implementation.
Chapter 6 Organising for Relationships
Chapter 7 People and Relationships
Chapter 8 Customer Relationship Management
Chapter 9 Relationship communication with a special focus on building relationships through brands and electronic relationships.
Chapter 10 Channel Relationships
Chapter 11 Innovation through Relationships
Chapter 12 Relationship internationalisation.
Chapter 13 Relationship Costs and Value
Chapter 14 Strategic market relationships: a final word.
- Continues to map relationships from strategy to implementation
- Text more clearly divided into strategy and implementation parts
- Continues to focus on close relationships and on the management of relationships
- Continues with introductory case illustration and end of chapter teaching cases with many new ones
- All chapter updated with new research since the last publication
- Revamped chapter on relationship planning including a stronger focus on strategic choice and relationship development
- New chapter on relationship types/archetypes to develop on the theme of classification and the management of specific relationships
- New chapter on organizing relationships
- New chapter on people and relationships
- E-relationship chapter integrated into chapter on communication and dialogue in a relationship
- New chapter on channel relationships
- Chapter on relationship performance restructured around costs and value.
- Ethics and researching relationships expanded in the conclusion chapter
- The text has significant teaching and learning support
- The extensive case material reinforces student learning
- Each chapter contains further reading to facilitate research