DescriptionThis book provides an overarching framework for cumulating the knowledge in the strategy process field.
- Provides an overarching framework within which to review the strategy process field.
- Identifies useful areas in which new research contributions can be made.
- Helps in the appropriate design of this research.
- Includes ten papers written by both North American and European scholars.
- Part of the Strategic Management Society series.
List of Tables.
List of Contributors.
1. Defining The Contours of The Strategy Process Field: Bala Chakravarthy, Günter Müller-Stewens, Peter Lorange, and Christoph Lechner.
2. Transforming The Firm Through The Co-Evolution of Resources and Scope: Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra, University of Minnesota.
3. Change in The Presence of Fit: The Rise, The Fall, and The Renaissance of Liz Claiborne: Nicolaj Siggelkow, University of Pennsylvania.
4. Resources, Management Systems and Governance: Keys To Value Creation: Karen Schnatterly, University of Minnesota, and Catherine Maritan, State University Of New York At Buffalo.
5. The Essence of Process: Effective Strategic Planning In Practice: John C. Camillus, University of Pittsburgh.
6. A Multi-Level Analysis of The Strategic Decision Process and The Evolution of Shared Beliefs: Mirela Schwarz, University of Southampton.
7. The Social Construction of Organizational Capabilities: A Multi-Level Analysis: V. K. Narayanan, Drexel University, Benedict Kemmerer, University of Kansas, Frank L. Douglas, Aventis Pharma AG, and Brock Guernsey, Quintiles Inc.
8. The Conditioning and Knowledge-Creating View: Managing Strategic Initiatives In Large Firms: Martin W. Wielemaker, Erasmus University, Henk W. Volberda, Erasmus University, Tom Elfring, Wageningen University and Erasmus University, and Charles Baden-Fuller, Erasmus University and City University Business School.
9. A Longitudinal Study of Organizational Learning, Unlearning and Innovation among Ijvs In a Transitional Economy: Marjorie A. Lyles, Indiana Kelley School of Business, Katalin Szabo, Budapest University of Economics, Eva Kocsis, Budapest University, Jeff Barden, Duke University, Charles Dhanaraj, Indiana University, Kevin Steensma, University of Washington, and Laszlo Tihanyi, Oklahoma University.
10. Strategic Renewal Processes In Multi-Unit Firms: Generic Journeys of Change: Henk W. Volberda, Erasmus University, and Charles Baden-Fuller, Erasmus University and City Business School.
11. Realizing Strategy: Opportunities and Challenges: Bala Chakravarthy, Günter Müller-Stewens, Peter Lorange, and Christoph Lechner.
Provides an overarching framework within which to review the strategy process field.
Identifies useful areas in which new research contributions can be made.
Helps in the appropriate design of this research.
Includes ten papers written by both North American and European scholars.
Part of the Strategic Management Society series.