DescriptionSpecifically designed for the introductory course, this text provides an overview of the field of instructional supervision. Acquaints students with not only the authors’ views on supervision, but with those of other specialists in the field, placing heavy emphasis on practice and the supervisor’s responsibilities as an instructional leader. Continues to stress that the relationship between the supervisor and teacher is built on trust and that the overall goal is to improve student achievement through better instruction.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Supervision for Today's Schools, 8th Edition
Classroom Discipline and Management, 5th Edition (Paperback $134.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1. Roles of the School Supervisor.
2. Issues in Supervision.
Part II: Leadership in Instructional Development.
3. Helping Teachers Plan for Instruction.
4. Helping Teachers Present Instruction.
5. Helping Teachers with Classroom Management.
6. Helping Teachers Evaluate Instruction.
Part III: Leadership in Curriculum Development.
7. Helping Teachers Plan and Implement Curricula.
8. Helping Teachers Evaluate Curricula.
Part IV: Leadership in Staff Development.
9. Helping Teachers through In-Service Programs.
10. Helping Teachers on a One-to-One Basis.
11. Helping Teachers Work Together.
12. Helping Teachers Evaluate Their Own Performance.
Part V: The Summative Dimension of Teacher Evaluation.
13. Summative Assessment of Teacher Performance.
Part VI: Instructional Supervision: Evaluation and Change.
14. Improving Instructional Supervision.