Kimmel & Weygandt’s Survey of Accounting, 1st Edition provides a simple and practical introduction to financial and managerial accounting. It explains accounting concepts without the use of debits and credits, while emphasizing the importance of financial statements and decision making. The focus on financial statements begins in the first two chapters of the textbook and continues in other chapters with clear illustrations that explain how accounting transactions impact financial statements. Grounded in the Kimmel/Weygandt family of products, Survey of Accounting has a student-friendly writing style, exceptional visual pedagogy, and relevant and easy-to-understand examples. Kimmel & Weygandt’s Survey of Accounting is ideally suited for a one-semester introductory accounting course that follows a non-debits and credits approach.
1 Introduction to Financial Statements
2 A Further Look at Financial Statements
3 The Accounting Information System
4 Accrual Accounting Concepts
5 Fraud, Internal Control, and Cash
6 Recording and Analyzing Merchandising Transactions, Receivables, and Inventory
7 Reporting and Analyzing Long-Lived Assets
8 Reporting and Analyzing Liabilities and Stockholders’ Equity
9 Financial Analysis: The Big Picture
10 Managerial Accounting
12 Incremental Analysis
13 Budgetary Planning
14 Budgetary Control and Responsibility Accounting
15 Standard Costs and Balanced Scorecard
16 Planning for Capital Investments
Appendix A Apple
Appendix B Columbia
Appendix C VF
Appendix D Double-Entry Accounting System
Appendix E Time Value of Money
• Interactive Tutorials Mobile-friendly interactive tutorials provide instructors the opportunity to assign pre-lecture or lecture-replacement assignments and allow students to study anywhere, anytime.
• Solution Walkthrough Videos Author Paul Kimmel walks students step-by-step through solutions to homework problems. These engaging videos are based on problems that are “similar to” the problems students will find in their homework assignments.
• Transaction Analysis/Financial Statement Illustrations Transaction analysis is explained with visuals that show how an accounting transaction impacts cash, dividends, the balance sheet, and the income statement.
• Easy Assessment Algorithmic, multiple-choice test bank, solutions manual, and practice questions make student assessment simple to create and assign.
• Practice Made Simple Algorithmic exercises and problems available outside of instructor assignments, provide students with no-stakes practice and detailed solution feedback. Many DO IT! Practice questions and solutions are also integrated throughout each chapter and at the end of the chapter.
• Real-World Context Feature stories and insight boxes apply chapter topics to real world companies. Real-world feature boxes have assignable assessment questions.
• Decision-Making Notes remind students of important decision-making tools. A decision-making comprehensive problem concludes each chapter.
• Organized Learning Streamlined learning design helps students find relevant videos and resources based associated learning objectives, so they can make the best use of time outside of class.
• Develop Excel Skills Assignable Excel Function Simulations give students hands on practice with relevant Excel Functions, while teaching videos teach students the basic steps
WileyPLUS with ORION is an online teaching and learning platform that helps you and your students achieve educational success by identifying learning trends early, organizing learning to show connections between assessment and learning content and monitoring progress to develop work ethic and reasoning skills. ORION adaptive practice helps students build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively.