1. Sustainable development and facilities management.
2. Sustainable Business Management.
3. Facilities Lifecycle.
4. Operation of the Facility.
Appendix 1: Sources and documents relevant to environmental management for facilities managers.
Appendix 2: Initiatives/bodies relevant to sustainable design, construction and property.
June issue Croner's Voluntary Organisation Management
'In addition to case studies many other things are done to make this a practical source for the reader; there are photographs, diagrams and models, questionnaires, tables, graphs and a very helpful list of other sources to follow up many issues in more detail depending on your interests.' Building Engineer
'As sustainable practice becomes, of necessity, the norm in all aspects of society, facilities managers will find this book a useful point of reference in their daily work. Those new to the field will be hard-pressed to come across a better overview of the subject. For students of facilities management and related subjects this book represents an important introduction to and treatment of the topic and one that should remain useful throughout their professional careers.' Professor Loveday
- policy and trends on a global, European and UK level affecting businesses
- compliance requirements for organisations - including some sector specific areas
- best practice with good and bad case studies to illustrate potential benefits
- worked examples of how to incorporate sustainability into day-to-day activities