Tarot For Dummies
Tarot For Dummies
ISBN: 978-0-764-55361-5 August 2001 360 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Come along on a fascinating journey as world-renowned spiritual teacher Amber Jayanti reveals the mysteries of the tarot and shows you how to tap into its uncanny power as a tool for personal exploration and growth. Discover how to use the tarot to:
- Reveal new options
- Get a new perspective on and re-envision your life
- Find hope, support, and encou ragement
- Increase mental and emotional clarity
- Reaffirm what you already know
- Connect more deeply with your intuition
- Explore universal truths
- Answer some of life’s biggest questions
Tarot For Dummies explains how the tarot works, what it can and can’t do for you, and how to get the most out of it. And it guides you step-by-step through:
- Shopping for the right deck for you
- Handling the cards and interpreting spreads
- Preparing for a reading
- Finding spreads that are relevant to loved ones, friends, history, and special events
- Distinguishing the elements of a great reading
- Linking the tarot with astrology, numerology, the Qabalah and other sources of wisdom
Do you long to see your life from a different perspective – to “see the big picture?” Let expert Amber Jayanti show you how to interpret the tarot and re-envision your life through this ancient, mystical system of pictures.
Table of contents
PART I: It's All in How You See It.
Chapter 1: Making Friends with the Tarot.
Chapter 2: Who Uses the Tarot and Why?
Chapter 3: Let's Go Shopping!
Chapter 4: History and Mystery: Where Does the Tarot Come From?
Chapter 5: The Tarot and the Mystery School Tradition.
PART II: Pick a Card, Any Card: A Guided Tour Through the Tarot Deck.
Chapter 6: A Magic Mirror: Preparing for the Tarot's Possibilities.
Chapter 7: Hitting the Big Time: The 22 Major Arcana Cards.
Chapter 8: Certainly Not the Minor Leagues: The Minor Arcana Number Cards.
Chapter 9: A Magic Kingdom: The 16 Court or Royalty Cards.
PART III: The Tarot and You: The ABCs of Tarot Reading (And Then Some).
Chapter 10: Experiencing the Tarot.
Chapter 11: Handling, Mixing, and Interpreting the Cards.
Chapter 12: Going Deeper: Meditating with the Tarot.
Chapter 13: Tarot Spreads Aren't for Sandwiches!
Chapter 14: Help Wanted!
PART IV: The Tarot and Her Family: Seeing Through Other Eyes.
Chapter 15: Connecting the Tarot to the Qabalistic Tree of Life.
Chapter 16: Connecting the Tarot to Astrology and Numerology.
Chapter 17: Connecting the Tarot to Alchemy and Your Life Journey.
PART V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Top Ten Tarot Misconceptions.
Chapter 19: The Ten Cards Most Likely to Cause a Freak-Out.
Appendix: Seeking Additional Resources.
Book Registration Information.