DescriptionTeacher Supervision and Evaluation, 3rd Edition equips teachers with the knowledge and skills needed to transform both supervision and evaluation into a powerful vehicle for maximizing growth and enhancing student learning. New and re-conceptualised content has been integrated throughout the pages. New case studies, examples, and vignettes have been included to offer the most up-to-date information. Additional pedagogical tools have been added to help build understanding, including skill and concept development exercises, discussion questions, and theory-into-practice applications. This practical approach enables teachers to gain a new perspective on their classroom experience.
Part I Foundations.
Chapter 1 Understanding The Components Of A Comprehensive Teacher Supervision And Evaluation System.
Part II The Basic Elements Of Teacher Supervision And Evaluation.
Chapter 2 Key Concepts And Skills In Classroom Supervision.
Chapter 3 Standards For Effective Teaching And Teacher Evaluation.
Chapter 4 Procedures For Evidence-Based Teacher Evaluation.
Chapter 5 Supervision And Evaluation Of The Novice Teacher.
Chapter 6 Supervision And Evaluation Of The Marginal Teacher.
Part III Embedded Professional Development Strategies For Differentiated Supervision.
Chapter 7 Peer Coaching.
Chapter 8 Self-Directed Teacher Growth.
Chapter 9 Action Research.
Chapter 10 Collegial Development Groups.
Part IV The Special Cases Of Preservice Teachers.
Chapter 11 Supervision And Evaluation Of The Preservice Teacher.
Part V Supervision And Evaluation: Transforming The System.
Chapter 12 Developing Your Own System Of Teacher Supervision And Evaluation.
Appendix A: A Word On Classroom Walkthroughs.
Appendix B: Educational Leadership Constituent Council Standards.
- Offers new skill and concept development exercises, discussion questions, and theory-into-practice applications.
- Presents new case studies, examples, and vignettes while integrating new and reconceptualised content throughout the pages.
- Provides opportunity for teacher growth through supervision and also for evidence-based teacher evaluation.
- Includes theoretical knowledge and detailed practical strategies for differentiated teacher growth to meet the needs of all teachers.
- Incorporates throughout the text, re-reading questions, concept development exercises, case studies, vignettes, discussion questions, and theory into practice exercises.
- Embeds key literature on adult development, school climate and culture, and teacher motivation directly into chapters focused on supervisory and evaluative processes.