Teaching Content Outrageously: How to Captivate All Students and Accelerate Learning, Grades 4-12
About the Author
1. Why Teach Outrageously in All the Content Areas?
2. Perspectives on Dramatizing Content Instruction.
3. From Discipline to Outrageous Teaching: Classroom Use of Dramatic Techniques.
4. How to Design Outrageous Lessons: Essential Steps.
5. Outrageous Lessons: Examples from the Classroom.
6. Suspense and Surprise: Why Outrageous Lessons Work.
7. Getting Started.
8. So . . . Let’s Do It!
Appendix A: The Origins of Drama.
Appendix B: Games and Quizzes-Selected Resources.
Appendix C: Simulation Units-Selected Resources.
Appendix D: Lesson Plans for the Sample Lessons.
Appendix E: Teaching Outrageously in the Early Grades.
--Shows teachers how to use dramatic methods to make standards-based content lessons more dynamic, exciting, effective--and entertaining! Excellent for instilling classroom discipline and perfect for teaching the YouTube generation.
--Provides extensive lesson-planning tips, tools, and resources, plus theory and research in support of the method.
--Richly illustrated with teachers using the method in real life classrooms.