1. Male Designs on Technology.
From Access to Equity.
Science as Ideology.
Technology as Patriarchal.
Sex, Class and Technology.
2. Technoscience Reconfigured.
Beyond Technological Determinism.
From Gender-Blind to Gender Aware.
Combining Feminist and Technology Studies.
3. Virtual Gender.
Cyberfeminism: ‘The clitoris is a direct line to the matrtix’.
Performing Gender in Cyberspace.
Technology as Freedom.
4. The Cyborg Solution.
Embracing Science and Technology.
From Man of Science to FemaleMan©.
OncoMouseTM: Technologising Life and Reprogramming Nature.
Send in the Cyborgs.
5. Metaphor and Materiality.
Changing Technologies, Changing Subjectivities.
Sociotechincal Practices: Expertise and Agency
Gender, Work & Organization
- Gives an up-to-date analysis of the relations between gender and technology
- Deals with popular themes such as Donna Harraway’s work on “cyborgs”
- Provides a continuation to the arguments that Wajcman made in her previous Polity book Feminism Confronts Technology