ISBN: 978-1-860-58235-6 January 2000 176 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Examples are mainly taken from the nuclear industry and include remote sampling systems, tele-operated vehicle and manipulator systems, and climbing/walking robots for operation within hostile environments. These systems
must negotiate impractically small openings, endure unreasonable temperatures, and withstand various forms of radiation while performing some difficult tasks. Such tasks characterize the set of challenges faced by the authors who have contributed to this book, and the solutions described demonstrate their ingenuity and determination in overcoming those challenges. An interesting overview also investigates future directions in tele-operated robotics.
- Editor’s Foreword
- Teleoperation in use at the Joint European Torus
- Trawsfynydd RPV weld sampling project - experience overview
- Back to the future
- Torness boiler inspection manipulator
- Remote diversion of a highly radioactive process line
- PAADS – a Schilling manipulator arm deployment system
- Fuel stringer tie bar end fitting spark erosion - Heysham 2 Power Station IFD
- Sampling the Hunterston AGR Diagrid
- The ‘SADIE’ (Sizewell A Duct Inspection Equipment) teleoperated walking climbing robot
- From remotely controlled manipulators to tele-operation of advanced climbing and walking robots
- Future directions in tele-operated robotics.