Matt Hills, Cardiff University
"Television Studies is the best introduction to the field available. Gray and Lotz present a comprehensive synthesis of the theories and methods that have defined television studies so far, bringing together a wide range of critical models for studying the medium's past, present and future. Undergraduates will love this highly engaging book."
Laurie Ouellette, University of Minnesota
- Major short introduction to the field of television studies.
- Clearly lays out the birth of this discipline, shows its links with other fields of study and explains key concepts and theoretical debates.
- Includes interview material with scholars whose work has defined the field.
- Designed to work either as a text across a full course or in conjunction with other readings higher up the curriculum.
- Written by two rising stars in the field, whose work is internationally renowned.