1. Competence in Occupational Testing.
Part I Preparation for Testing:.
2. Job Analysis and Person Specifications.
3. Introduction to Intelligence & Cognitive Ability.
4. Introduction to Personality.
5. Introduction to Motives (Needs, Interest and Values).
6. Attracting Applicants.
Part II Psychometrics.
7. Basic Statistics 1.
8. Basic Statistics 2.
9. Sensitivity of Selection Measures.
10. Standard Error and Reliability.
12. Bias of Measures.
13. Calculating the Sterling Value of Selection (utilities analysis).
Part III Assessment Tools.
14. Choice of Selection Methods.
15. Psychometric Tests 1.
16. Psychometric Tests 2.
18. Other Scientific Methods of Selection.
19. Assessment Centres.
Part IV Using Tests.
20. Test Administration.
21. Norms and Profiles.
22. Interpreting Scores.
23. Face-to-face Feedback.
24. Written Reports.
25. Telephone Feedback.
26. Ethics and Data Protection.
Tests and Measures Index
"At last! A superbly practical book which takes you through the stages of psychometric testing sequentially, but also integrates theory and statistics into the story. The Smiths have provided all would-be practitioners with an indispensable tool for their learning, development, and reference." Peter Heriot, Visiting Professor, University of Surrey and Open University Business School
"This is a much needed text that provides an excellent grounding for anyone aiming to achieve any of the BPS Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing. It also represents the ideal source of reference for those using tests in the workplace. Each chapter is written in a clear, non-threatening style that takes the pain out of understanding the use of occupational tests." Dr Caroline Limbert, University of Oxford, BPS verified assessor for Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing
|List of Additional Materials |
If you are unable to view the Word document, you can download the free reader from Microsoft.
|Materials available to people teaching Psychometric Testing||Download|
|How the contents of this book map on to requirements of the British||Download|
|How the contents of this book map on to requirements of the British ||Download|
|Web Sites Containing Ethical Codes||Download|
|Further Reading on Personality||Download|
|Rarer Types of Correlations||Download|
|Non-technical introduction to Factor Analysis||Download|
|List of Test Publishers||Download|
|List of Psychological Societies||Download|
|Cattell's UI Factors||Download|
|Report to individual client||Download|
- An authoritative, practical text on selection and assessment.
- Explains psychometric testing in occupational settings.
- Covers other methods of selection such as assessment centres and e-selection.
- Systematically covers all the topics required for the BPS Certificates of Competence in Testing Levels A and B.
- Designed for students taking selection and assessment courses.
- Covers the whole process of testing, from job analysis to reporting results.
- Uses new theoretical frameworks for the topics of personality and motivation.
- Features an extensive discussion of ethics in selection and assessment.
- Includes questions testing understanding and suggestions for further reading.
- Incorporates many tables and diagrams giving practical help to users of psychometric tests.
- Accompanied by supplementary online material, at www.blackwellpublishing.com/testing/.