DescriptionThis book is one of the most comprehensive texts discussing the design, selection and adoption of expository textbooks.
1. Today's Textbooks, Tomorrow's Minds: The Importance of Textbooks.
Part I: The Characteristics of Well-Designed Textbooks:.
2. Designing the Ideal Text.
3. The Design of Curriculum and Instruction.
4. Designing the Ideal Textbook.
5. Finding the Design in Textbook Materials.
Part II: Well Designed Textbook Publishing, State Adoption, and District Selection:.
6. Current Practices: Publishers, States, and Districts.
7. Creating a Design for Publishing, Adopting and Selecting.
Part III: Stepping into the Future:.
8. A New Approach to Textbook Design: Instructional Support Systems.
9. Bringing about the Ideal: Leaders and Collaborators.
- Provides a complete discussion of the role and future of textbooks in teaching
- Includes chapters on textbook design and textbook selection
- Discusses ways that publishers and teachers can work together to create better textbooks.