DescriptionPresenting new developments in sampling and drug profiling, this book also provides practical information on how to carry out analysis, what the results mean and how they can be used as court evidence and for drugs intelligence purposes.
* Includes case-studies with full data and spectra, helping readers to identify substances
* Accessibly organized by class of compound
* Contains an up-to-date list of the newest drugs
Acronyms, Abbreviations and Symbols.
About the Author.
Introduction to Drug Trends, Control, Legislation and Analysis.
Amphetamine and Related Compounds.
The Analysis of LSD.
Cannabis sativa and Products.
Diamorphine and Heroin.
Products from Catha edulis and Lophophora williamsii.
The Analysis of Psilocybin and Psilocin from Fungi.
The Analysis of Controlled Pharmaceutical Drugs - Barbiturates and Benzodiazepines.
Current Status, Summary and Conclusions.
Appendix 1. Presumptive (Colour) Tests.
Appendix 2. Less-Common Controlled Substances.
Responses to Self-Assessment Questions.
Glossary of Terms.
SI Units and Physical Constants.
- Very topical subject
- step by step guide to analysis of controlled substances - shows readers how to carry out their own analysis
- includes case-studies with full data and spectra - helps readers to identify their substances
- includes newest drugs - up to date
- organised by class of compound - accessible