DescriptionThe Architects' Handbook provides a comprehensive range of visual and technical information covering the great majority of building types likely to be encountered by architects, designers, building surveyors and others involved in the construction industry. It is organised by building type and concentrates very much on practical examples.
Including over 300 case studies, the Handbook is organised by building type and concentrates very much on practical examples. It includes:
· a brief introduction to the key design considerations for each building type
· numerous plans, sections and elevations for the building examples
· references to key technical standards and design guidance
· a comprehensive bibliography for most building types
The book also includes sections on designing for accessibility, drawing practice, and metric and imperial conversion tables.
To browse sample pages please see http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/architectsdata
Education: Universities and Colleges.
Education: Art, Design and Media Studios.
Halls of Residence and Hostels.
Health Service Buildings.
Housing and Residential Buildings.
Libraries and Learning Resource Centres.
Museums and Art Galleries.
Restaurants and Catering Facilities.
Shops and Retail.
Theatres and Art Centres.
Zoos ad Aquariums.
Design for Accessibility.
Drawing Practice and Presentation.
Bibliography and References.
Conversion of Units.
* examines each main building type, with a brief introduction to the key design considerations
* features numerous plans, sections and elevations for the building examples
* provides references to key technical standards and design guidance plus a comprehensive bibliography for most building types
* includes over 300 case studies
* complements Neufert's Architects' Data which concentrates on measurements and data