1 The New Art of Videogames.
2 What Are Videogames Anyway?
3 Videogames and Fiction.
4 Stepping into Fictional Worlds.
5 Games through Fiction.
6 Videogames and Narrative.
7 Emotion in Videogaming.
8 The Morality of Videogames.
9 Videogames as Art.
- Presents a unique philosophical approach to the art of videogaming, situating videogames in the framework of analytic philosophy of the arts
- Explores how philosophical theories developed to address traditional art works can also be applied to videogames
- Written for a broad audience of both philosophers and videogame enthusiasts by a philosopher who is also an avid 'gamer'
- Discusses the relationship between games and earlier artistic and entertainment media, how videogames allow for interactive fiction, the role of game narrative, and the moral status of violent events depicted in videogame worlds
- Argues that videogames do indeed qualify as a new and exciting form of representational art