1. Physics, Metaphysics, and Method in Newton's Dynamics: Lawrence Sklar.
2. Causation: Wesley Salmon.
3. What Events Are: Jonathan Bennett.
4. Time, Temporality and Paradox, Richard M. Gale.
5. A Thomist Metaphysics: John Haldane.
6. The Concept of Ontological Catergory: a New Approach: Lorenz Puntel.
7. Universals and Predication: Bruce Aune.
8. Composition as a Fiction: Gideon Rosen and Cian Dorr.
9. What Do We Refer To When We Say 'I'? Peter van Inwagen.
10. Personal Identity: The Non-Branching Form of 'What Matters': Jennifer E. Whiting.
11. Idealism: T.L.S. Sprigge.
12. An Idealistic Realism: Presuppositional Realism and Justifcatory Idealism: Nichlas Rescher.
13. Overcoming a Dualism of Concepts and Causes: The Basic Argument of 'Empiricism and the Philosophy of Mind': Robert Brandom.
14. Metaphysical Realism and Logical Nonrealism: Panayot Butchvarov.
15. The Metaphysics of Possibilia: William Lycan.
16. The Actual and the Possible: Alexander Pruss.
- Presents a definitive introduction to the core areas of metaphysics
- Contains 16 newly-commissioned articles, all of which are written by internationally distinguished scholars
- Each chapter reviews a problem, examines the current state of the discipline with respect to the topic, and discusses possible futures of the field
Provides a solid foundation for further study