The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System, 3rd Edition
Part I: Introduction.
The Nervous System.
Using This Book.
Materials and Methods.
Part II: The CNS and Its Blood Vessels.
Part III: Brain Slices.
Part IV: Histological Sections.
Basal Ganglia and Thalamus.
Part V: Pathways.
Arousal and Sleep.
- New edition features large number of all-new and updated images
- New images reflect latest updates in imaging equipment and techniques
- Text components have been carefully rewritten to include wider, non-technical audience, making the book ideal as a text as well as a reference. Truly integrates modern neuroscience with clinical practice
"This reference book will serve as an outstanding resource for all students of neuroscience … .This Atlas will become a much sought after companion." (Journal of Tropical Pediatrics, August 2008)
"…excellent contribution to the neurosciences. It should be included in any neurosurgical, neurological, or neurosciences departmental libraries." (Doody's Book Reviews)
- Uses direct labeling system, including an alphabetical list of terms for each image
- Unrivaled treatment of brain pathways, with colored lines that clearly trace pathways on actual brain slices used earlier in the book.
- Systematic use of magnetic resonance images side-by-side with corresponding brain slices.
- Blood supply maps consistently and methodically presented with exhaustive depictions of arteries and blood territory maps next to each brain slice.
- Images available electronically to download for instructors at www.wiley.com/go/brainatlas