List of Tables.
Part I: Setting Direction:.
The Capable Leader.
Charting the Course.
Making Strategy Visible.
Part II: Delivering Value:.
Building the Value Exchange.
Forging Customer Relationships.
Part III: Development and Alignment of Capabilities:.
Part IV: Speed of Change:.
Tracking a Moving Target.
Epilogue: Governance in a Capable Company.
"Knowing where we are going is not as important as being able to get there. This book lays out a blueprint for action that will help leaders at all levels arrive at where they are headed. It focuses on the right issues at the right time and in the right ways.” Dave Ulrich, Professor of Business Administration, University of Michigan
"Capable Company provides a thoughtful and workable framework for strategy execution to line managers and staff, at all leadership levels in an organization. For HR professionals, we gain valuable insights to what is means to be a strategic HR organization and, in turn, be more relevant in the work we deliver." Bob Hargadon, Vice President, International Human Resources, Boston Scientific
"Capabilities are to companies as competencies are to people. The Capable Company provides the "what" and the "how" of execution, a major business challenge for the foreseeable future." Pat Martin, CEO, StotageTek
- Gives executives a systematic way to translate strategy into action.
- Helps companies to develop the capabilities that make strategy work.
- Assembles best-practice strategy execution methods from some of the world’s most highly-respected companies into a simple step-by-step process.
- Enables leaders at all levels to rapidly focus and align their actions, even as business conditions change.
- Packed with models, key points, practical examples, case studies, self-assessment techniques and templates.