2. Trends and Geographic Differentials in Mortality: Hao Hongsheng.
3. Trends and Regional Differentials in Fertility Transition: Tu Ping.
4. Health and Health Care in Transition: Tang Shenglan.
5. Population Policy and Family Planning Programme: Xie Zhenmin.
6. Age and Sex Structures: Li Yongping & Peng Xizhe.
7. Population Aging and Old Age Security: Du Peng and Tu Ping.
8. Marriage Patterns: Zeng Yi.
9. Family Patterns: Guo Zhigang.
10. Education: Peng Xizhe.
11. Employment: Zuo Xuejin.
12. Female Population: Tan Lin and Peng Xizhe.
13. Urbanization: Zhong Fenggan.
14. Floating Population and Internal Migration in China: Sun Changmin.
15. International Migration Patterns: Ye Wenzhen.
16. Ethnic Population: Du Peng.
17. Population and Environment in China: Dai Xingyi.
18. Population of China: Prospects and Challenges: Zhai Zhenwu.
19. The Distribution of China's Population and Its Changes: Wang Guixin.
20. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region: Waves of Chinese Immigrants and their Children: Lui Ping-keung.
"For students and those who want a single overall picture of Chinese population issues, this work provides a short, readable, and comprehensive guide. In short, this is an invaluable book." Population Studies
"Perhaps the most comprehensive English-language review of China's population to date ... Of special value to students and researchers of China is the book's documentation of population policies, programmes, regulations and their changes, which are rarely available in the English language with such clarity. The contributors, looking 'from inside out', are clearly among the most qualified to review the administrative facets of China's population ... This book is timely, informative and comprehensive, and is an especially useful reference for non-Chinese readers to assess the latest patterns, views and issues of population in China." Progress in Human Geography
- Explains the background to china's population policy.
- Discusses of Socio-economic impacts on employment, social welfare, urbanization, gender ratios and the family.
- Projects these trends into the future.