The Child Within: Taking the Young Person's Perspective by Applying Personal Construct Psychology, 2nd Edition
DescriptionMany young people appear troubled. Sometimes their behaviour can intimidate or simply baffle. Drawing on the principles of Personal Construct Theory and now fully updated in response to popular demand, The Child Within helps develop our understanding of how children make sense of the world and themselves - and offers solutions for resolving the dilemmas they face. Practical applications of Personal Construct Theory are illustrated using cases coupled with the authors’ own research. The Second Edition includes seven brand new chapters and a guest chapter by Harry Procter on working with families.
1. Fundamental principles.
2. Adopting a credulous approach.
3. The framework of personal construct theory.
4. Discover Children's construing.
5. The exploration of self.
6. Core construing.
7. Performance and competence.
8. The growth of sociality.
9. Troublesome behavior.
10. Exploring avenues of change.
11. Being in trouble with the law.
12. Exploring illness.
13. Construing within the family (Harry Procter)
14. An evidence base.