DescriptionFrom the late 1980s the seemingly firmly established communist movement collapsed with dramatic suddenness.
1. The Movement's Turning Point.
2. Cold War and Colonial Revolution.
4.'Peaceful Co-Existence' and Schism.
5. Orthodox Communism 1963-1970.
6. Indian Summer 1970-1981.
7. The Amazed Evangelist.
* Offers the first comparative assessment of world communism since the disintegration of the USSR.
* Examines the tension between communism as a set of ideas and communism as a form of economic and social organization.
* Includes biographies of key figures, extensive chronology and maps.