DescriptionIn one comprehensive collection, The Dark Side of Organizational Behavior provides a framework for understanding the most current thinking on the negative consequences of organizational behavior. Written by experts in the field, the contributors to The Dark Side of Organizational Behavior focus on the causes, processes, and consequences of behaviors in organizations that have a negative effect on the organization and the people in them.
1. An Introduction to the Dark Side (Ricky W. Griffin, Anne M. O’Leary-Kelly).
Part One: Workplace Aggression and Violence: Truly Dark Places.
2. Workplace Aggression and Violence: Insights from Basic Research (Robert A. Baron).
3. Injustice, Stress, and Aggression in Organizations (Joel H. Neuman).
4. When the Dark Side of Families Enters the Workplace: The Case of Intimate Partner Violence (Carol Anne Reeves).
Part Two: Discrimination and the Dark Side.
5. Subtle (and Not So Subtle) Discrimination in Organizations (Robert L. Dipboye, Stefanie K. Halverson).
6. Sexual Harassment as Dysfunctional Behavior in Organizations (Ramona L. Paetzold).
7. Out of the Closet and Out of a Job? The Nature, Import, and Causes of Sexual Orientation Discrimination in the Workplace (Elizabeth Ann Deitch, Rebecca M. Butz, Arthur P. Brief).
Part Three: The Dark Side of Interpersonal Influence.
8. The Dark Side of Politics in Organizations (Angela T. Hall, Wayne A. Hochwarter, Gerald R. Ferris, Michael G. Bowen).
9. Under-the-Table Deals: Preferential, Unauthorized, or Idiosyncratic? (Denise M. Rousseau).
10. Extreme Careerism: The Dark Side of Impression Management (Virginia K. Bratton, K. Michele Kacmar).
11. Psychological Contract Breach and Violation in Organizations (Sandra L. Robinson, Graham Brown).
Part Four: The Dark Side in Other Places.
12. Alcohol and Drug Use in the Workplace (Michael M. Harris).
13. Broadening Our Understanding of Organizational Retaliatory Behavior (Daniel P. Skarlicki, Robert Folger).
14. On Incivility, Its Impact, and Directions for Future Research (Christine M. Pearson, Christine L. Porath).
15. The Methodological Evolution of Employee Theft Research: The DATA Cycle (Jerald Greenberg, Edward C. Tomlinson).
16. Dark Side Issues: Concluding Observations and Directions for Future Research (Anne M. O’Leary-Kelly, Ricky W. Griffin).