The Deciding Factor: The Power of Analytics to Make Every Decision a Winner
Praise for The Deciding Factor
"Both companies and governments have made some poor decisions recently, and almost all would benefit from more fact-based and analytical approaches. This book provides clear methods and extensive examples for organizations that want to make better, faster, and more consistent decisions."Thomas H. Davenport, author, Competing on Analytics, and President's Distinguished Professor of Information Technology and Management, Babson College
"The secrets of the decision-making processes employed by the most successful corporations of the world are revealed in The Deciding Factor. Both corporate decision makers as well as analysts will gain invaluable insights from this treasure trove of case studies and expert guidelines."
Robert Heller, former president and CEO of VISA U.S.A., and former governor, Federal Reserve Board
"Information, used correctly and creatively, can be a source of tremendous customer value, competitive advantage, and company profitability. The Deciding Factor will help you understand if you have this opportunity, and how you might seize it."
Nigel Morris, co-founder, Capital One Financial Services
"There has never been a more important time in business history to truly understand both the technical strengths and conceptual weaknesses of decision analytics. If you're prepared to be serious, The Deciding Factor offers the insider's insights that matter when managing innovation risk."
Michael Schrage, author, Serious Play, and research associate, MIT Sloan School of Management
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: The Deciding Factor: The Power of Analytics to Make Every Decision a Winner
The Right Leader: Selecting Executives Who Fit (Hardcover $29.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1. From Intuition to Algorithms: A Brief History of Using Analytics to Make Better Decisions.
2. How Analytics Makes Customer Relationships More Valuable: The Netflix, Best Buy, Tesco, and Harrah’s Experience.
3. Co-Creation and Decision Management: How Consumers and Companies Share Data to Create Value.
4. The Disciplines of Decision Leaders: The Math, Mind-Set, and Technology for Managing Decisions.
5. The New Knowledge Workers: Defining the Talent Mix for Success with Analytics.
6. Demystifying Decision Management: A Primer on Various Analytic Tools and Techniques.
7. The Future of Decision Management: Using Differentiated Decisions to Gain Competitive Advantage.
Appendix A: Fair Isaac’s Decision Management Project Methodology.
Appendix B: Glossary.