Part I Germania.
1 Land and People.
2 The Social Fabric.
3 The Germans and the Advance of Rome.
4 The Living and the Dead.
5 Trade and Diplomacy.
6 Cult, Art and Technology.
Part II Germanic Europe: Frontier Societies.
7 The Gothic Kingdoms.
8 The Suebi and Vandals.
9 Franks, Alamanni and Burgundians.
10 The Northern Peoples.
11 The Gepids and Lombards.
12 The Thuringians and Bavarians.
- Updated edition of this illustrated treatment of the early Germanic peoples.
- Provides an overview of current knowledge of the early Germans.
- Presents their social structure, settlements, trade, customs, religion and craftsmanship.
- Incorporates new archaeological evidence and review recent historical interpretation.
- Offers new insights into developments in central and eastern Europe.
- Ten new illustrations have been added featuring significant new discoveries.